La Merced Hand Painted Ceramic Tile
Barcelona La Merced Decorative Tile Details
- Mediterranean patterns inspired by historical Spanish Colonial installations
- Patterns are hand-brushed by artists using the "Majolica" glaze technique
- Each tile is unique so expect variation in color
- Antique ivory background makes a vintage look
- Fired once with a satin finish
- Use inside or outside. Perfect for accent walls or in pools and fountains
- Use as an accent on the floor only
- Do not use outside in frosty climates
Design Tip - Border and corner tiles have a glazed outside edge and provide a finished look without requiring surface bullnose, molding, or trim.
Product Dimensions and Grout Joint - Use a 1/8" grout joint for easy installation. Install 6"x6" tiles on 6-inch centers with a 1/8" grout joint. Actual dimensions are shown below for each format:
|6"x6"||5-7/8" x 5-7/8" x 3/8"||5.875"||5.875"||0.375"|
|3"x6"||2-7/8" x 5-7/8" x 3/8"||2.875"||5.875"||0.375"|
|3"x3"||2-7/8" x 2-7/8" x 3/8"||2.875"||2.875"||0.375"|
Application and Use
Only use this tile in the applications listed below. For more information, see our Application and Use Guidelines.
- Suitable for all indoor and outdoor wall applications
- Ideal for high-temperature areas around ranges and fireplace surrounds, including radiant heat installations
- Suitable for outdoor use subject to climate and method of installation
- NOT FROST-RESISTANT. This tile is porous and absorbs water; therefore, it is unsuitable for frosty environments subjected to freeze/thaw conditions.
- Suitable for wet locations like shower walls when the grout joint is sealed correctly
- Suitable for submerged locations like pools or fountains
- NOT RECOMMENDED for floor applications except when used as an accent tile