Malibu Santa Clara
This decorative glazed ceramic tile pattern was inspired by Malibu tile from California's Spanish Revival Period of the 1920s.
- Hand-painted using the Cuerda Seca (dry cord) technique
- Slight relief from pooled glazes
- Freeze/thaw resistant for use in frosty climates
- Rated for all indoor and outdoor applications
- Great for both walls and floors
- Pool applications require clear overglaze at an additional cost
- Made-to-order in the USA; Allow 3 - 4 weeks
- Samples and some inventory may be available for quick ship
Design Tip: Create a coordinated look by pairing it with our plain tile, molding, or trim from our Malibu Field Tile or Malibu Field Molding and Trim collection. Choose colors used in the pattern's colorway.
Colorway A Glazes: White, Sangaree, Mallard Green, Caramel Matte, and Spanish Lavender
Colorway B Glazes: Sierra Snow, Apple Valley, Elder Green, Gold Rush, and Black n Blue
Application and Use
This tile is rated for the following applications. For more information, see our Application and Use Guidelines.
- Suitable for all indoor and outdoor wall applications
- Ideal for high-temperature areas around ranges and fireplace surrounds, including radiant heat installations
- Ideal for outdoor use, subject to climate and method of installation
- Suitable for wet locations like shower or steam room walls when adequately installed and maintained; unglazed tile must be sealed with a penetrating sealer
- NOT RECOMMENDED for submerged areas like pools or fountains unless a clear over-glaze is applied at additional cost
- Suitable for frosty outdoor environments subjected to freeze/thaw conditions
- NOT SUITABLE for flooring applications because the finish is not slip-resistant; it may be used sparingly on the floor as an accent tile