Decorative glazed ceramic tile pattern inspired by Malibu tile from California's Spanish Revival Period of the 1920's.
- Hand-painted using the Cuerda Seca (dry cord) technique
- Slight relief from pooled glazes
- Freeze/thaw resistant for use in frosty climates
- Rated for all indoor and outdoor applications
- Great for both walls and floors
- Pool applications require clear overglaze at additional cost
- Made-to-order in the USA; Allow 3 - 4 weeks
- Samples and some inventory may be available for quick ship
Design Tip: Create a coordinated look by pairing with plain tile, molding or trim from our collection of Malibu Field Tile or Malibu Field Molding and Trim. Simply choose colors used in the pattern's colorway.
Colorway A Glazes: Dijon Mustard Matte #7551U, Teal #5483C, Spanish Lavender Matte (7684U), White and Plum #7642C
Colorway B Glazes: Bone #482C, Nutmeg #7517C, Lime Green #7495C, Caramel Matte#7403U, Chocolate Matte #175U
Colorway C Glazes: Background is Terracotta (unglazed), White, Teal #5483C, Dijon Mustard Matte #7551U, Plum #7642C
Application and Use
This tile is rated for the following applications. For more information, see our Application and Use Guidelines.
- Suitable for all indoor and outdoor wall applications
- Suitable for high-temperature areas around ranges and fireplace surrounds, including radiant heat installations
- Suitable for outdoor use subject to climate and method of installation
- Suitable for wet locations like shower or steam room walls when properly installed and maintained; unglazed tile must be sealed with a penetrating sealer
- NOT RECOMMENDED for submerged locations like pools or fountains unless a clear over-glaze is applied at additional cost
- Suitable for outdoor frosty environments subjected to freeze/thaw conditions
- NOT SUITABLE for flooring applications because the finish is not slip-resistant; may be used sparingly on the floor as an accent tile