Mission Mundo A 8"x8" Encaustic Cement Tile
Mission Cement Tile Product Details
- Handmade using a centuries-old process
- Tile is shipped pre-sealed, so a grout release is not required
- Seal with a penetrating sealer after installation
- In stock for quick ship
- Dimensions: 8" x 8" x 5/8"
- Weight: 3.0 lbs. per tile
- Coverage: 2.3 tiles per sq ft / 5.2 sq ft per box (12 pcs per box)
- Minimum order: 100 sq ft (19 boxes or 228 tiles)
- A 20% surcharge is added to orders less than 100 sq ft
Mission cement tiles patterns can be customized using any 60 colors in the Mission Palette. Allow about three weeks for custom strike-off samples. For a coordinated look, use plain tiles with colors from this pattern found in the Mission Solid Color cement tiles. Cement tiles are handmade, and you should expect color, shade, and size variations in all tiles.
This tile pattern is a quarter design pattern, so you need four tiles to complete the motif. A group of four (4) tiles is shown in the product photo, and the rug layout reveals a grouping of 16 tiles. We offer a single tile for the sample image. A rendering of this tile used for the kitchen backsplash is a possible application.
Application and Use
This tile is rated for the following applications. For more information, see our Application and Use Guidelines.
- Suitable for all indoor and outdoor wall and flooring applications
- Ideal for high-temperature areas around ranges and fireplace surrounds, including radiant heat installations
- Suitable for outdoor use subject to climate and method of installation
- NOT FROST RESISTANT. This tile is porous and absorbs water; therefore, it is unsuitable for frosty environments subjected to freeze/thaw conditions.
- Suitable for wet locations like shower floors and steam rooms when properly sealed and maintained
- NOT RECOMMENDED for submerged locations like pools or fountains.