Mission Naranja Octagon Encaustic Cement Tile 8"x8"
Mission Octagon Cement Tile Product Details
- Handmade encaustic cement tile, expect variation in color
- Solid color or plain tile, available in any color from the Mission Palette
- Unpolished (raw) finish
- This tile is pre-sealed with a penetrating sealer; you don't need a grout release
- Seal with a penetrating sealer after installing
- Made-to-order, allow 8-10 weeks for delivery
- For samples and to confirm color choices, purchase Mission Color Chips
- Dimensions: 8″x8″x5/8"
- Coverage per sq ft: 2.25 pieces of 8"x8" Octagon + 2.25 pieces of 3"x3"
- Weight: 3 lbs per piece or 36 lbs per box
- Full-box quantities required (12 tiles per box/4.36 sq ft per box)
- Minimum order: 80 sq ft
- We add a 20% surcharge to order quantities less than 80 sq ft
- Use the 3"x3" Mission Plain Tiles as "dots" to create the classic octagon and dot pattern.
- Use similar colors (i.e., dark blue, light blue) for a softer, muted design, like Azul Rey with Blue Claire.
- Use complementary colors for a bold statement, like Verde Canada with Salmon.
The product image shows a single octagon tile. The 4'x4' rug layout shows the pattern using the 8"x8" octagon tile in Mission Black with a 3"x3" dot or square tile (sold separately) in Mission Jaune Clair.
Application and Use
We recommend cement tiles for use in the following applications. For more information, see our Application and Use Guidelines.
- Suitable for all indoor and outdoor wall and flooring applications
- Ideal for high-temperature areas around ranges and fireplace surrounds, including radiant heat installations
- Good choice for outdoor use subject to climate and method of installation
- NOT FROST-RESISTANT. This tile is porous and absorbs water; therefore, it is unsuitable for frosty environments subjected to freeze/thaw conditions.
- Suitable for wet locations like shower floors and steam rooms when properly sealed and maintained
- NOT RECOMMENDED for submerged locations like pools or fountains