Mission Rosa Octagon Encaustic Cement Tile 8"x8"
Mission Octagon Cement Tile Product Details
- Handmade encaustic cement tile, expect variation in color
- Solid color or plain tile, available in any color from the Mission Palette
- Unpolished (raw) finish
- This tile is pre-sealed with a penetrating sealer; you don't need a grout release
- Seal with a penetrating sealer after installing
- Made-to-order, allow 8-10 weeks for delivery
- For samples and to confirm color choices, purchase Mission Color Chips
- Dimensions: 8″x8″x5/8"
- Coverage per sq ft: 2.25 pieces of 8"x8" Octagon + 2.25 pieces of 3"x3"
- Weight: 3 lbs per piece or 36 lbs per box
- Full-box quantities required (12 tiles per box/4.36 sq ft per box)
- Minimum order: 80 sq ft
- We add a 20% surcharge to order quantities less than 80 sq ft
- Use the 3"x3" Mission Plain Tiles as "dots" to create the classic octagon and dot pattern.
- Use similar colors (i.e., dark blue, light blue) for a softer, muted design, like Azul Rey with Blue Claire.
- Use complementary colors for a bold statement, like Verde Canada with Salmon.
The product image shows a single octagon tile. The 4'x4' rug layout shows the pattern using the 8"x8" octagon tile in Mission Black with a 3"x3" dot or square tile (sold separately) in Mission Rojo Palo Alto .
Application and Use
We recommend cement tiles for use in the following applications. For more information, see our Application and Use Guidelines.
- Suitable for all indoor and outdoor wall and flooring applications
- Ideal for high-temperature areas around ranges and fireplace surrounds, including radiant heat installations
- Good choice for outdoor use subject to climate and method of installation
- NOT FROST-RESISTANT. This tile is porous and absorbs water; therefore, it is unsuitable for frosty environments subjected to freeze/thaw conditions.
- Suitable for wet locations like shower floors and steam rooms when properly sealed and maintained
- NOT RECOMMENDED for submerged locations like pools or fountains