Rustic Cement Tile Pavers create elegance with the feel of Spanish bisque. In this installation, a 12-inch square format is used in Cotto Gold. These paving tiles come with slightly irregular edges and natural color variation in each tile - the same look you might find in an old California Mission.
The cement or concrete tile's appearance is indistinguishable from clay bisque tiles and provides the same rustic look you might find in an old Hacienda and rambling Spanish villa. The tiles are generally laid on a wide grout line to help maintain Old World charm. We recommend a grout width of 1/2".
Rustic Paver Tiles are Different
Our Rustic Paver Tiles differ from traditional cement tile. They are made with a soft mold. Traditional patterned cement tiles are made the old way with a steel mold and the color layer is only in the top 1/8" of the tile, whereas Rustic Paver Tiles have true through-body color.
The texture, feel and style of the tiles is also very different, including the color. While both tiles are handmade and will have some variation, classic cement tiles have a more traditional, slightly formal, sophisticated look that works well for creating a multi-color pattern using the face of the tile. The cement Pavers have a rustic feel with a softer defining edge, and have only one color throughout each tile.
With so many sizes, shapes and colors to choose from, this is one tile you can't get enough of! Handmade rustic cement tiles can be used on floors, walls and both interior and exterior locations - even those subjected to freeze/thaw cycles.
Benefits of Cement Tile
- Handmade appearance for a rustic look.
- True "through body" color. You can't scratch, cut or remove the surface color layer.
- Rated for freeze/thaw cycles.
How to Buy Handmade Rustic Pavers
Follow these easy steps to make sure you find the right tile for you!
- Pick a color. With over 50 different color and blends, it's easy to find a color that works with your design scheme. Choose from our Classic, Premium, or Signature colors and blends. Make sure to use the Paver Palette Colors.
- Add texture, if you want. Tiles comes with a standard smooth finish; but, additional textures are available to create a weathered, antiqued patina. Textures are listed below the Paver Palette Colors.
- Find a format and size. Square and rectangle formats are available from 2" to 14". You'll find prices, sizes, shapes and colors in our Rustic Paver Price List. Looking for shapes that aren't rectilinear? No problem! We have octagons, hexagons, pickets, Arabesque shapes, and more! Just visit our Arabesque Cement Tile page.
- Pick a layout. You can create interest and style with a floor layout that complements the handmade appearance of tiles or design. Create your own or chose from our Paver Layout Patterns.
Share this post
- Tags: Flooring, Living Areas, Plain/Solid color, Residential, Spanish Tile, Stair/Risers, Traditional/Classic