Mission Small Star Black Hexagon 8" Cement Tile
Mission Small Star 8" Black Hexagon Cement Tile Product Details
- Handmade using a centuries-old process
- Tile is shipped pre-sealed, so a grout release is not required
- Seal with a penetrating sealer after installation
- Samples have a lead time of three (3) weeks
- Lead Time: Made to order. Allow about 6 - 8 weeks for delivery
- Dimensions: 8" x 9" x 5/8"
- Weight: 2.4 lbs per tile
- Coverage: 2.69 tiles per sq ft
- Box (12 tiles) Coverage: 4.46 sq ft
- Order in box quantities (x12) only
- A 20% surcharge is added to orders less than 100 sq ft
Mission cement tiles patterns can be customized using any 60 colors in the Mission Palette. Allow about three weeks for custom strike-off samples. For a coordinated look, use solid-color or Mission Plain 8" Hexagon Cement Tiles with colors from this pattern. Cement tiles are handmade; you should expect color, shade, and size variations.
Design Tip: Blend each star size with plain hexagon tiles in the same color for a stunning design. Avente Tile recommends a mix of 55% plain color and 15% of each star size. Each star size (small, medium, large) and plain color hexagon tiles are ordered separately by the box.
An image of a single tile is shown for the product sample; a grouping of four tiles is offered for the product box image. A photo of three hexagon tiles shows each size star. There is also a grouping of three-star hexagons mixed with four plain tiles. The last picture shows one possible layout with different stars and plain tiles.
Application and Use
This tile is rated for the following applications. For more information, see our Application and Use Guidelines.
- Suitable for all indoor and outdoor wall and flooring applications
- Ideal for high-temperature areas around ranges and fireplace surrounds, including radiant heat installations
- Suitable for outdoor use subject to climate and method of installation
- NOT FROST RESISTANT. This tile is porous and absorbs water; therefore, it is unsuitable for frosty environments subjected to freeze/thaw conditions.
- Suitable for wet locations like shower floors and steam rooms when properly sealed and maintained
- NOT RECOMMENDED for submerged locations like pools or fountains